Error when running the epw.x for the example

Post here questions linked with issue while running the EPW code

Moderator: stiwari

identaton
Affiliation:

Error when running the epw.x for the example

Post by identaton »

Dear admin,
I am testing the examples in the EPW directory of quantum espresso. When doing that, the former procedures are all fine. However, when doing the last procedure (i.e. by epw.x), it always crashes, and show the below messages:
ADIOI_Set_lock:offset 213469200, length 1083600
This requires fcntl(2) to be implemented. As of 8/25/2011 it is not. Generic MPICH Message: File locking failed in ADIOI_Set_lock(fd 20,cmd F_SETLKW/7,type F_RDLCK/0,whence 0) with return value FFFFFFFF and errno 26.
- If the file system is NFS, you need to use NFS version 3, ensure that the lockd daemon is running on all the machines, and mount the directory with the 'noac' option (no attribute caching).
- If the file system is LUSTRE, ensure that the directory is mounted with the 'flock' option.
ADIOI_Set_lock:: Function not implemented

I use exactly the same input as provided in the mgb2, so I think the input parameters should be OK. Could you please help me fix this problems? Thank you very much!

andreyl
Affiliation:

Re: Error when running the epw.x for the example

Post by andreyl »

Hi,

try changing the etf_mem from 1 to 0 and request more memory from your computational node.

Best,
Andrei

identaton
Affiliation:

Re: Error when running the epw.x for the example

Post by identaton »

andreyl wrote:Hi,

try changing the etf_mem from 1 to 0 and request more memory from your computational node.

Best,
Andrei

Dear Andrei,
Thanks a lot. Your answer perfectly solved my problems.
Best wishes,