Epw version for polar 2D materials

Post here questions linked with issue while running the EPW code

Moderator: stiwari

Leelitisen1
Affiliation: Beihang University

Epw version for polar 2D materials

Post by Leelitisen1 »

Dear developer:
I am now working on the mobility of 2D polar materials using EPW. I found that there is a flag "system_2d" when treating the 2D polar materials. However, it seems that the current release version of EPW (EPW v5.4) does not support this feature and the code complains. So I am wondering that can it be accessible to get the EPW version under development for the 2D polar materials. If not, when will the EPW version for the 2D materials be released?
Sincerely,
Liyu Peng
School of Materials Science and Engineering,
Beihang University,
Beijing ,China

hlee
Affiliation: The University of Texas at Austin

Re: Epw version for polar 2D materials

Post by hlee »

Dear Liyu Peng:
So I am wondering that can it be accessible to get the EPW version under development for the 2D polar materials. If not, when will the EPW version for the 2D materials be released?
One member of the EPW team is working on it and I hope it will be included in the next version of EPW which will be released in July next year.

Sincerely,

H. Lee

Leelitisen1
Affiliation: Beihang University

Re: Epw version for polar 2D materials

Post by Leelitisen1 »

Dear hlee:
Thanks for your kind response. I find that 2D polar materials are described as three-dimensional slab models,e.g., monolayer InSe in Professor Poncé's paper(Nano Lett. 2019, 19, 1774−1781 ). Is it reasonable to implement such a procedure in other 2D polar materials systems? Does the current version of EPW support the full procedure described in Nano Lett. 2019, 19, 1774−1781 ?
Thanks.
Sincerely,
Liyu