EPW5.2, File writing error

This section is dedicated to compilation problems

Moderator: stiwari

hhwj
Affiliation: minjiang university

EPW5.2, File writing error

Post by hhwj »

Hello, everyone!
I have compiled EPW 5.2 with Qe 6.5. The compilation goes very well, however, when I try to do some calculation, strange error comes up. The codes stops when the electron-phonon coupling matrix is calculated. This is the error message:
This requires fcntl(2) to be implemented. As of 8/25/2011 it is not. Generic MPICH Message: File locking failed in ADIOI_Set_lock(fd 4,cmd F_SETLKW/7,type F_RDLCK/0,whence 0) with return value FFFFFFFF and errno 26.
- If the file system is NFS, you need to use NFS version 3, ensure that the lockd daemon is running on all the machines, and mount the directory with the 'noac' option (no attribute caching).
- If the file system is LUSTRE, ensure that the directory is mounted with the 'flock' option.
ADIOI_Set_lock:: Function not implemented
ADIOI_Set_lock:offset 0, length 285696
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 1) - process 0

I do not know how to deal with this problem, can someone help me ?

hlee
Affiliation: The University of Texas at Austin

Re: EPW5.2, File writing error

Post by hlee »

Dear hhwj:

I would suggest you first to run the test suites on your HPC system before the production runs.
After compiling EPW, go to the directory of test-suite under the root directory of Quantum ESPRESSO, and then issue "make run-tests-epw-parallel" or "make run-tests-epw-serial".
In your case, you encountered the error related to MPI; so I suggest you to issue "make run-tests-epw-parallel".

In addition, check the following post which reports the same error:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1297

Sincerely,

H. Lee